Background

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Lighted Boat Parade







I took my first ride on a Coast Guard boat last night! It was awesome....well, it was really cold and I slept through most of it but, towards the end when I was awake and warm....it was awesome!


We were on the 52' MLB Victory to lead the lighted boat parade in Yaquina Bay. There were a lot of people on the boat and a lot of boats in the parade--all decorated up in lights and Christmas decorations! The sunset behind the Yaquina Bay bridge was gorgeous...a perfect evening for a boat ride.


Dad was driving the boat so I hung out with Mom & Papa (he came over from Tigard). It was soooooo cold. I was bundled up in A LOT of clothes....plus a life jacket & more blankets wrapped around me on top of that and I was still cold--and not too happy about it! Papa took me down inside the boat where it was warmer and I crashed out. I woke up just a few minutes before we moored up but I got to see all of the boats decorated in their lights and wave at all the people watching us from the bayfront.